We respect your right to privacy.
We are bound by the national Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2002. Those principals regulate how we collect, store, use and disclose personal information about you and other individuals.
Collection, Use and disclosure
In our agency business, we collect, hold, use and disclose to their parties, personal information for a number of reasons:
- To carry out appointments as sales agents for clients selling their properties;
- To promote and market our services and the products and services of other parties (we will only use your personal information for this purpose and will not disclose it to other parties);
- To provide information on and promote businesses for sale and for rent to the market;
- To reply to enquiries and information requests made by individuals;
- For internal business processes such as market research and billing;
- For comparable sales analysis in the valuation of businesses; and
- Where required by law.
We collect personal information about individuals:
- From the individuals themselves
- through application forms, appointment forms, agreements, correspondence including emails, our website and through verbal communications;
- Form third parties (including from other agents and publicly available databases and from referees) – in the course of carrying out agency services for a client, including through property searches.
Security of Information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is not subject to loss, misuse or unauthorized access or alternation. We will also take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer required.
Access to Personal Information
If you would like to access or correct any personal information, which we hold about you, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please note that a charge may apply to cover all reasonable costs that we may incur in providing you with access to your personal information.
We will take all reasonable steps to correct any information, which you show to be inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date.
If you have any requests, queries or comments which you would like to make, please do not hesitate to contact us immediately.